Interpretation Challenge: Breath: The Shortest Play by Samuel Beckett


Respected sir!!


 As per my task I am giving my opinion on 'breath': The shortest play by Samuel Beckett. Below I will give my reviews and interpretation regarding the shortest play by Samuel Beckett. I have seen some videos in Dr. Dilip Barad sir's blog, so I would like to share my own video on that and my interpretation about 'Breath' shortest movie version.


As Samuel Beckett’s writing progressed through the 60s, it became even more minimal, despairing, and bleak. It was as if he was paring away as much as he could to see if theater was left standing. If a painting could be one color like Ad Reinhardt, what would be the Reinhardt of theater? Jonathan Crow mentioned yesterday how Beckett’s 1969 play Breath, for instance, “runs just a minute long and features just the sound of breathing.” There is a bit more to it than that. 


Here I put some videos on Breath firm interpretation so You can view videos of the play:






Here my video free to watch..... 

Interpretation of the video:

When we look at rubbish things that time we thought that this is like dirty look. But I was write my interpretation of this video, this is a one house of empty place, no one stay there but this room look like horror. When we look at Samuel Beckett's play 'Breath' that time we connected that kind of Absurdity. So I prepared my video on this. 

Here I show to horror scene and horror sounds and few seconds as per the 'Breath' play script, that time I used to sound of crying and thunder sound, come full wind and immediately and so fastly one toy car are come and all things are crust in that scene, paint colors are there paint are there and fastly Strom come and scene like horror what I made in my video. So show my video in you tube.




CURTAIN Up

1. Faint light on stage littered with miscellaneous rubbish. Hold about five seconds.
2. Faint brief cry and immediately inspiration and slow increase of light together reaching maximum - together in about ten seconds. Silence and hold for about five seconds.
3. Expiration and slow decrease of light together reaching minimum together (light as in 30s. In about ten seconds and immediately cry as before. Silence and hold about five seconds. 





Pozzo's Explain in his great final outburst related to 'Breath' play...

Have you not done tormenting me with your accursed time? . . . One day, is that not enough for you, one day like any other day he went dumb, one day I went blind, one day we'll go deaf, one day we were born, one day we'll die, the same day, the same second. They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant , then it's night once more.


Thank you......










Comments

Popular Posts